No. Both communities welcome independent travelers. You can book accommodation and activities at the CBET office and wander around the villages spending time with the locals. This is a great way to experience the real Cambodian lifestyle off the beaten path.
Do I have to join a tour?
Can I do it?
Both sites have a array of activities suitable for all ages and skills from experienced mountain bikers to people seeking relaxation away from the beaten path. If your are not sure about an activity, just ask our office about the difficulty. You do not have to join an activity to simply relax in the village and share good time with the locals.
Young children are welcome but we recommend you to try our Lodge in Chi Phat for more comfort. Also, some activities such as trekking and mountain biking might be difficult for children undere the age of 15.
What to bring?
You're in for a great experience as you venture into the jungle. It is best to be prepared. Bring:
Flashlight for the night
First Aid kit
Where does my money go?
The CBET project follows a revenue share strategy where 80% of the revenue from your visit will go directly to the service provider and the rest 20% go to a CBET fund managed by the CBET committee. This fund is used for operational costs of the CBET office, improvement of products and services, village infrastructure, education, elder support, and health care services. This means that using CBET services may cost you just a bit more than usual but it will assure you that some of your money goes to the community and to sustain this project.